"The Last Starfighter - Trailer Park Sign" - By Jeffrey Fink
NOTE - This does not include any lighting kit. This is for the raw 3D print files and detailed assembly guide only.
Based on its appearance from the 80's classic The Last Starfighter, the Star Lite Trailer Park sign was iconic in its design. When you first see the sign, you know that you have found a community. Not just a simple trailer park among the tumbleweeds.
With this kit you will get over 20 unique parts that when assembled will give you the following features.
- A sign that stands over 12 inches tall
- Highly detailed sign panels for both sides allowing for unique viewing angles
- Ability to add lighting to enhance the overall look of the sign
- A fully illustrated assembly guide and lighting reference is included with the kit
The model has been created to match the onscreen version by use of screen captures and other available references.
The prototype print was done using a Creality CR-10 with the following Cura settings.
- Grey Hatchbox PLA (1.75 mm)
- Printing Temp 198 deg Celsius
- Bed Temp 60 deg Celsius
- Print Speed 50 mm/s
- 0.4 mm nozzle and 0.2 mm layer height
- Wall thickness is 1.2 mm with an infill of 30% using a zigzag infill pattern
- A brim was used with support material needed for some parts
When printed at 100% scale, the kit measures 1.5 inches wide by 12 inches in height and 6 inches in length. The model can be increased or decreased in printing size, but tolerances may be affected by the change in the overall scale.
Finally, as Otis would say “Star Lite, Star Brite where Alex and Maggie went to the stars”
Enjoy the model and thank you for viewing this piece.