"Season 8 Console" - By Jeffrey Fink
When after 7 years, Doctor Who returned to our screens with an updated TARDIS interior. It was a huge contrast to what was previously seen on the screen. For this design was more gothic, mixed with a touch of Victorian era style.
The console model listed is based off of this version as seen during this new adventure. It has been designed from multiple photo reference for the best possible recreation.
Please note, that due to its size the 6 large outer Struts, Trusses and Scanner are not included with this version. In the future, these parts will be made available as either 3D prints or as Laser cut assemblies.
When assembled, you will get the following features:
- A set of PLA printable controls or the option to use Resin for better detail
- The ability to add lighting to the Time Rotor and the Console Control parts
The prototype print was done using a Creality CR-10 with the following Cura settings.
- White & Grey Hatchbox PLA (1.75 mm)
- Printing Temp 198 deg Celsius
- Bed Temp 60 deg Celsius
- Print Speed 50 mm/s 0.4 mm nozzle and 0.2 mm layer height
- Wall thickness is 1.2 mm with an infill of 30% using a zigzag infill pattern
A brim was used with support material needed for some parts. When printed at 100% scale, the kit measures 6 inches wide by 6 inches in length and 11 inches in height. The model can be increased or decreased in printing size, but tolerances may be affected by the change in the overall scale.
A fully illustrated assembly guide with photo reference is also included with the kit.
Enjoy the model and thank you for viewing this unique piece.