"Thunder Road Spacesahip" - By Jeffrey Fink
Based on its appearance from the 80's classic movie Explorers, the Thunder Road was more than just a vessel with which to travel the universe. The ship with its mismatched parts from a Tilt a Whirl body, scrap metal road signs, and other pieces just adds to its overall simplistic charm.
With this kit you will get over 50 unique parts that when assembled will give you the following features:
- Detailed Inner Cockpit with viewing access by opening side doors. (Hinges not included).
- Castor Wheels that allow the ship to freely roll.
- Ability to add interior and exterior lighting to enhance the overall look of the ship.
- A fully illustrated assembly guide and decal sheet is included with the kit.
The model has been created to match the onscreen version by use of screen captures and other available references.
The prototype print was done using a Creality CR-10 with the following Cura settings.
- Grey Hatchbox PLA (1.75 mm)
- Printing Temp 198 deg Celsius
- Bed Temp 60 deg Celsius
- Print Speed 50 mm/s
- 0.4 mm nozzle and 0.2 mm layer height.
- Wall thickness is 1.2 mm with an infill of 30% using a zigzag infill pattern.
- File format 3D .OBJThunder
A brim was used with support material needed for some parts.
When printed at 100% scale, the kit measures 8 inches wide by 6.5 inches in height and 7 inches in length. The model can be increased or decreased in printing size, but tolerances may be affected by the change in the overall scale.
Finally, always remember that adventure begins in your own backyard.
Enjoy the model and thank you for viewing this piece.